Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday 1 May 2014

I have never grown up

I am going to write about my childhood through the fifties and sixties. It is an idea for a book. I am testing the water and hope someone thinks it is worthwhile.  Opening paragraph.

I remember my childhood clearly, even sitting in a pram outside our front door in Thorpe Bay, Essex. A strip of knickers elastic was strung across the hood, just above my head. On it was a row of different coloured plastic elephants that rattled each time they were pushed or spun. I never touched them but my mother and other interested ladies did, their lined and over powdered faces creased in silly grins. These were accompanied by strange unintelligible sounds emitted from deep red lips. 
Ray Stone copyright 2014
1

No comments:

Post a Comment