Translate

Search This Blog

Friday 11 April 2014

For God's Sake!

Is it advisable to use the word God in a title (or anywhere else in literary work as far as I am concerned) I do not slam religion and always respect others for their beliefs but the question above posed on a LinkedIn Writers club really got me going. Here is my reply (posted) January 20th 2014

Ray Stone Here we go again. Why is it that we question whether we should write the word GOD within a literary work unless it pertains to religion? Why are we questioning public morality or afraid that critics and religious minded people will throw stones at us? I’m an artist and I write political thrillers. My characters live in the real world where people say things like – “For God’s sake, Alan, put a sock in it.” or – “I swear to God you bastard, you’ll pay for what you’ve done.” Is this blasphemy? No it’s not. I want realism without having to worry about silly political correctness. I write and create for myself first and for my readers second. I want to spend my time writing, not worrying about what others think of my work. They don’t like it – don’t read it.

What do you think? Why not write and let me know. I'll post it here.  Ray Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment