Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 April 2014

TOMORROW

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a life away
must I wait till then
Tomorrow sometimes never comes
for an author's pen
I close my eyes to see you
whenever I'm alone
I'm here for you my magic girl
My heart's your secret home


Ride around the universe
music fills the air
Find our rainbow's end
climb the colored stair
Our love is getting stronger
the more we are apart
Waiting for the next time
kisses melt my heart


Sitting in the darkness
saying our goodbyes
Smile in close up now
flash those sparkling eyes
From girl next door to lover
I've fallen for your charm
Waiting for that next dream
when beauty holds my arm


Feelings change in seconds
pulling us apart
Hold me close now
the daydreams gonna start
There are so many others
but none love you as much
Goddess of the wide screen
I'm yearning for your touch


Saturday afternoon sitting at the back of the stalls in the local picture house with nothing better to do. My favorite star was Sophia Loren and I was just fifteen. When I was twenty I waved to her as I drove past her villa on the Amalfie Road in southern Italy. Sadly, she did not wave back so I married someone else.

copyright  Ray Stone 2011

Do you write poetry or short stories or anecdotes, sad or funny or romantic? Why not let me post you here and let the world see your talent. Any reader of any nationality will read you by clicking on their tongue in the language box above. Try it and see. The whole world can be your audience. This is a free site - dedicated to helping fellow authors. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment