Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday 10 April 2014

Life Over A Cup Of Tea by Ray Stone

 A Poet and Writer with a wonderful sense of Humor

I cried and laughed in equal amounts. This is one of the strangest books I have ever read. It was as though the author got up one morning after the night before and wrote as images and thoughts came into an unstable head. I loved it. Thanks for a great read Ray Stone. PS Some of the poetry really is beautiful. [by Kirsty G.]
From one extreme to the other. I had great fun putting this together and had some reviews that I did not expect. It just shows that some people have the same outlook on life as I do. That's a little scary. 
A collection of humorous, sad, thoughtful and thought provoking poetry, lyrics and anecdotes. This collection is a look at life through the eyes - and warped mind - of an Englishman living in the USA. This is a must that can bring light relief to that time of day when one sips the elixir of life - a cup of tea.
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Over-Cup-Of-Tea-ebook/dp/B005EJF55M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397128097&sr=8-1&keywords=life+over+a+cup+of+teawww.amazon.com






5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, funny and insightful August 9, 2011
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Life Over A Cup Of Tea is a fantastic and humorous look into the mind of a transplanted Brit to the U.S. Absolutely love the author's comments after each piece. Every poem and anecdote is worth reading more than once. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to find something to pick them up - whether over a cup of tea or not!
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?
5.0 out of 5 stars Tea & Sympathy August 2, 2011
By mzpete
Format:Kindle Edition
"Life Over A Cup of Tea" spoke to me the moment I read its title & didn't stop until I consumed it all!! Even Mr. Stone's dedication made me wonder, as these types of writing often provoke, "What does it mean?" but I'm left to form my own conclusion - my favorite part of reading poetry & writings like it! Well done, Mr. Stone! My favorite writing might be the very first, "Freedom's Symbol" because haiku is rare these days and because it reminded me that such life as he described is right outside my window, something I often forget. Thank you, Mr. Stone, for a delightful read that brought so much to my imagination to dwell on!! I can't wait to see your novels on Kindle!!
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?
5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book of poetry! July 27, 2011
Format:Kindle Edition
This book of poetry was wonderful and I did actually read over a cup of tea - several infact as I just had to keep coming back to it because I enjoyed it so much. Some of the poems made me laugh but others were thought provoking and gave a snapshot into the writers soul - especailly 'Tomorrow'. I liked the way that the poet gave a short personal thought after each poem as to what inspired him to write it. This is the first book that I have read by this writer and I look forward to reading more. 5 big stars!
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment